Our new Housing Strategy 2018-2023 was formally agreed at Executive on the 25th June 2018.
The new Housing Strategy has been developed to identify the key housing priorities for the borough and the measures required to deliver them by the Council and other key public and private stakeholders.
Our housing priorities for the next 5 years are:
- To accelerate housing growth.
- To support inclusive economic growth.
- To create neighbourhoods of choice through a better mix of homes.
- To reduce inequalities across the borough.
- To improve residents’ health and wellbeing.
- To increase the range of, and residents access to, opportunities; and to reduce homelessness.
The Housing Strategy identifies key interventions required to meet current and future housing need in Trafford and to address a number of supply and demand challenges. The interventions have been identified in the context of the Council’s Corporate Objectives, Trafford Vision 2031, GM growth ambitions as articulated in the GMSF and GM Housing Strategy, and discussions with key stakeholders.
The Housing Strategy coupled with the Vision, Corporate Objectives, Trafford Economic and Housing Growth Framework and the wider GM strategic arena, forms a comprehensive and fully joined up approach to delivering future housing growth to benefit Trafford’s residents.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org