Innovation and Research and Development
- Innovate UK (formerly the Technology Strategy Board) is sponsored by BIS and manages a range of funded programmes and delivery mechanisms to drive innovation in the UK.
- Provides funding for Research, Development and Demonstration projects ranging from small proof -of-concept grants and feasibility studies through to large multi-partner collaborative R&D and demonstration projects.
- Businesses supported range from pre start-up, start-up and early stage micro businesses, to large multi-nationals. There are different models depending on the specific needs of companies, sectors and technologies.
T: 01793 442700
- HMRC scheme providing over £1billion in tax incentives to encourage investment and innovation by UK companies.
- SME's scheme provides 225% tax relief on all qualifying expenditure. Large company scheme provides 130% relief on all qualifying expenditure.
- Trafford Council has appointed a Tax Relief Partner to provide support to businesses interested in making a claim.
T: 0161 912 4176
- NESTA is an independent charity with a mission to help people and organisations bring great ideas to life.
- NESTA uses innovative approaches to provide investments and grants and mobilise research, networks & skills.
T: 02074 382500