Pay online - Planning applications
Before making a payment
Use the fee schedules or the fee calculator to calculate the correct fee for your planning application
If you require confirmation of the fee before submitting payment please contact the Planning Service
Read the information below about card payments
Please read this guide before making an online payment for a Planning Application.
- Choose the planning application option from the drop down list. Click 'Select' to confirm your choice.
- In the 'Specific Instruction' box enter the address where the planning application is for. It is important you enter the site address so that we can match your payment with your application. Please also include the applicant/client name.
- Enter a reference for your records. If you have an application number you can use this.
- Enter the amount.
- Select the address of the person making the payment - or fill the address in manually.
- Click 'Add to List'
- If the details shown in the payment review are correct click 'Pay'. If you need to amend the details click 'Modify'.
- Clicking 'Pay' will take you to the payment screen. Enter your card details, check the amount to be paid and the address of the person paying and click 'Submit' to make the payment.
- Continue to pay Planning Applications.
Chip and PIN payments
Payment by credit and debit cards can be made at the chip and PIN terminal in Sale Library. You will need to see a customer service advisor at the Access Trafford desks. A receipt will be provided.
Cheque and cash payment
Please make cheques payable to Trafford Council. To help us match the payment to the correct application please write the address where the work is taking place on the back of the cheque.
Cash payments can be taken by the Access Trafford staff at Sale Waterside.
We accept the following cards for online payments:
To prevent unauthorised use of your card, we aim to ensure the highest levels of security and peace of mind whilst using your card online. When making a payment, you will be redirected to our payment services provider Civica you may be asked by your card provider to verify your identity using Verified By Visa or Mastercard SecureCode.
If your card provider is a participant in the scheme you will be asked to enter the security details that you agreed with your provider when you registered your card. Don't worry if you haven't registered yet. You'll have the opportunity to register during the payment process.
If your card provider is not a participant in the scheme, your transaction will simply continue as usual.
Top of page