Altrincham public realm enhancement project
Altrincham Town Centre is soon to benefit from a public realm enhancement project that will improve the experience of all users of the town.
The purpose of the project is to revitalise and rejuvenate key areas within Altrincham town centre with the primary objective to make Altrincham a more attractive place to live, visit, shop, enjoy and invest.
The project proposes a number of public realm improvements to create a more balanced streetscape for all users. This will be achieved through a number of methods and the investment will focus around:
- Enhancing gateways to mark the arrival into the town centre;
- De-cluttering the streets;
- Introducing a distinctive pallet of robust surface materials;
- Semi-mature tree planting;
- The introduction of new street furniture and lighting to provide a network of safe, pedestrian friendly routes within the town;
- Developing a parking and wayfinding Strategy for the town.
We now invite you to come and have a look at the plans for the Altrincham Public Realm Project and ask the Design Team any questions or make any comments you may have on the proposals.
Consultation Boards and members of the Design Team will available at Altrincham Town Hall, Market Street, Altrincham, WA14 1PG on:
Q and A
|Monday 26th January
||1300 - 1900 (Room 2, Ground Floor)
|Tuesday 27th January
||1300 - 1900 (Room 4, Ground Floor)
|Friday 30th January
|| 1200 - 1730 (Room 2, Ground Floor)