Telephone: 0161 912 3560
Coppice Library and Wellbeing Centre is managed in partnership with blueSCI.
Opening timesBack To Top
|Day ||Opening Times |
9am - 5pm
9am - 5pm
9am - 5pm
9am - 5pm
9am - 5pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
- O2 Tech Guru, 12noon-2.00pm - do you have a tech question? Book in to see Chris for help with your mobile phone, computer or tablet or for help with email and security.
- Citizens Advice appointments every Tuesday morning - please contact CAB Trafford on 0300 330 1153 to make an appointment.
- Coffee morning on the second Tuesday of the month 10.30am-12 noon, organised by the Friends of Coppice Library.
- Multicultural women's group 5.3
- Small words, 10.00am-12noon - come and join an informal creative writing workshop.
- Rhyme time for under 5s 11 - 11:30am.
- Multicultural Women's Group 10am-12 noon.
- Readers' Group 3 - last Wednesday of the month, 2.00-3.00pm. See our Readers' Groups page for details.
- Art Experiments for Fun, 1.00 - 3.00pm - develop your creativity with our free craft sessions with Jo and Julie (until 25 May).
- Harmony Club, 4.00-5.30pm - play, learn and relax. Natural healing, mindful thoughts, earthy arts and animal friends.
- Video-gaming club, Level Up, 4.00-5.30pm.
- ESOL assessments 10am-12 noon.
- Urdu language class by appointment 5-6pm.
- Killer Thriller Readers' Group, 2.00-3.00pm, second Thursday of the month. See our Readers' Groups page for details.
- LEAF, 10.00am-12noon - coffee mornings for speakers of other languages. Meet new people, make friends, chat and join in with ESOL online learning.
- Storytime, 9.15-10.15am - encourage your child's love of stories as Beanstalks Play Workers read and do crafts with the children, for children from 0 to 5 years.
- Councillor's Surgery - an opportunity to meet and talk to your local ward councillors at 2.45pm on the third Saturday of the month and 10.00am on the fifth Saturday of the month.
- Storytime, 10.30-11.30am on the first Saturday of the month - encourage your child's love of stories as Friends of Coppice Library read and do crafts with the children, for children from 0 to 5 years.
- Knitting Group, 10.30-12.00 noon, bring your needles and knit and natter.
Stock availableBack To Top
Coppice Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects
- Large print books
- DVDs; Talking books on cassette and CD; foreign language tapes and CDs
- A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- DVDs, Talking Books
- Toy Library
Items which are not in stock at Coppice Avenue Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council services Back To Top
10am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm weekdays
10am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm Saturdays
- Environmental services
- Highways and traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax (not verification)
- Street lighting and cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge holders
- Pest control
- Waste disposal and recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library
- Newspapers and magazines
- Reference and community information
- Computer facilities, including access to the internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Black and white and colour photocopying and laminating
- Community learning events
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and giftwrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks and Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
Accessibility Back To Top
- All services on ground level with automatic door entry
- Large free car park
- Disabled access parking space available
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users
- Toilet for disabled users
- Large, cheerful children's section
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Coppice Avenue Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.