Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Sale Library Opening
|Day ||Opening Times |
|| 9am - 7pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 7pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 10am - 4pm
Libraries Consultation - Phase Two
Phase two of the Trafford Libraries consultation begins on 19 January 2015. A number of proposals for Trafford Library Service have now been developed which residents have the opportunity to view and comment on.
Please see our What's On page for details of public meetings to be held.
All services on ground level with automatic door entry.
Four disabled access parking spaces available in front of Sale Police Station, adjacent to Sale Waterside.
People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
Toilet for disabled users located in the foyer.
Baby changing facilities.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Sale Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.
Sale Library has two self-service machines which you will find easy to use. You can use the machines to:
- Take out items
- Return items
- Renew items
- Pay library charges
- Look at your borrower account
The self-service machines have touch screens and clear instructions on each screen. Staff will be available to provide any help needed when using the machines.
- Storytime for under 5s every Tuesday morning at 10am
- Rhymetime for under 5s every Thursday morning. Session one 9.30 to 10.00am, Session two 10.15 to 10.45am. Sessions are limited to 20 children and there is a ticket system in use.
- A Readers' Group meets second Monday of the month 6pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Trafford Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service - first Tuesday of the month 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Knit 2gether is an informal group where knitters can come together to share ideas and patterns, and chat about knitting! We meet every Saturday from 11am to 12 noon. Come along and join us whether you have been knitting for years or have just started knitting.
- Learn to Surf is a basic computer course,it takes place alternate Fridays at 10.00am. Must be booked in advance, see Library staff.
- CAB surgery held on Mondays and Wednesdays 10.00am-3.00pm.
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge Scheme
- Pest control
For all Council services please see the member of staff at the Welcome Point desk.
- Trafford Local Studies Centre, based at Sale Library, has a comprehensive collection of material in various formats for Local and Family history
- An Online learning centre operates a learndirect service
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library
- Online library catalogue
- Newspapers and magazines
- Reference and community information
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Black and white and colour photocopying, fax and laminating
- Regular activities for all ages
- Community learning events
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs
- Sales of withdrawn stock
Sale Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level
- Large print books
- DVDs; Talking Books on cassette and CD; Playaway digital (MP3) audio books; foreign language tapes and CDs
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- DVDs, Talking Books
Items which are not available at Sale Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.