Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Sale Library Opening
|Day ||Opening Times |
9am - 7pm
9am - 5pm
9am - 7pm
9am - 5pm
9am - 5pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
- Storytime for under 5s every Tuesday morning at 10am
- Rhymetime for under 5s every Thursday morning. Session one 9.30 to 10.00am, Session two 10.15 to 10.45am. Sessions are limited to 20 children and there is a ticket system in use.
- A Readers' Group meets second Monday of the month 6pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Trafford Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service - first Tuesday of the month 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Knit 2gether is an informal group where knitters can come together to share ideas and patterns, and chat about knitting! We meet every Saturday from 11am to 12 noon. Come along and join us whether you have been knitting for years or have just started knitting.
- Learn to Surf is a basic computer course,it takes place every Friday at 3-4pm. Must be booked in advance, see Library staff.
Stock availableBack To Top
Sale Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level
- Large print books
- Talking Books on cassette and CD; Playaway digital (MP3) audio books; foreign language tapes and CDs
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- Talking Books
Items which are not available at Sale Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge Scheme
- Pest control
For all Council services please see the member of staff at the Welcome Point desk.
Other servicesBack To Top
- Trafford Local Studies Centre, based at Sale Library, has a comprehensive collection of material in various formats for Local and Family history
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library
- Newspapers and magazines
- Reference and community information
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Community learning events
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs
- Sales of withdrawn stock
AccessibilityBack To Top
All services on ground level with automatic door entry.
Four disabled access parking spaces available in front of Sale Police Station, adjacent to Sale Waterside.
People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
Toilet for disabled users located in the foyer.
Baby changing facilities.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Sale Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.