405 Stockport Road
Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Library ChangesBack To Top
Timperley Library will close at 4pm on Saturday 21 October. The library will re-open in its temporary accommodation on Monday 13 November. The temporary library will be at: Riddings Community Centre 121 Park Road Timperley WA15 6QQ
The Timperley Library site will be redeveloped to facilitate a GP surgery, a new smaller library and some residential accommodation.
Opening timesBack To Top
Timperley Opening Times
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
- One to one computer sessions on Monday morning from 10am, book with library staff.
- Story/Rhymetime for under 5s every Tuesday at 10.30am.
- Rhymetime for under 5s Friday 2-2.30pm - rhymes followed by a short story.
- A Readers' Group meets the 1st Monday of the month 2.15-3.30pm. Please see our Readers' Groups page for further details.
Stock availableBack To Top
Timperley Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects
- Large print books
- Talking Books on cassette and CD; foreign language tapes and CDs
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- Talking Books
Items which are not in stock at Timperley Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax document verification
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge holders
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details.
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Exhibition area and meeting room for hire.
- A well used 'swap a jigsaw' table.
AccessibilityBack To Top
- Automatic door entry
- Four disabled access spaces available in car park to rear of library
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users
- Loop system
- Toilet for disabled users
- Free public car park at rear of Library
- Baby change facilities
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Timperley Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.