405 Stockport Road
Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Timperley Opening Times
||10am - 5pm
||10am - 5pm
||10am - 7pm
||10am - 5pm
||10am - 4pm
Library ChangesBack To Top
The Timperley Library site will be redeveloped to facilitate a GP surgery, a new smaller library and some residential accommodation.
The plans have now been approved by the Council's planning committee.The library will move into its temporary location within the next few months and then the building work can start. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
What's onBack To Top
- Story/Rhymetime for under 5s every Tuesday at 10.30am.
- Rhymetime for under 5s Friday 2-2.30pm - rhymes followed by a short story.
- A Readers' Group meets the 1st Monday of the month 2.15-3.30pm. Please see our Readers' Groups page for further details.
- Silver Surfers and Family History sessions available, speak to a member of staff for full details.
Stock availableBack To Top
Timperley Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects
- Large print books
- DVDs; Talking Books on cassette and CD; foreign language tapes and CDs
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- DVDs and Talking Books
Items which are not in stock at Timperley Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax document verification
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge holders
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying and laminating.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details.
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Exhibition area and meeting room for hire.
- A well used 'swap a jigsaw' table.
AccessibilityBack To Top
- Automatic door entry
- Four disabled access spaces available in car park to rear of library
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users
- Loop system
- Toilet for disabled users
- Free public car park at rear of Library
- Baby change facilities
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Timperley Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.