Library ChangesBack To Top
The Timperley Library site will be redeveloped to facilitate a GP surgery, a new smaller library and some residential accommodation.
Opening timesBack To Top
Timperley Opening Times
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
- One to one computer sessions on Monday morning from 10am, book with library staff.
- Story/Rhymetime for under 5s every Tuesday at 10.30am.
- Rhymetime for under 5s Friday 2-2.30pm - rhymes followed by a short story.
- A Readers' Group meets the 1st Monday of the month 1.45-3.00pm. Please see our Readers' Groups page for further details. The group is meeting at the Larkhill Centre on Thornley Lane, Timperley while Timperley Library is in temporary accommodation.
Stock availableBack To Top
Timperley Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects
- Large print books
- Talking Books on cassette and CD; foreign language tapes and CDs
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- Talking Books
Items which are not in stock at Timperley Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax document verification
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Badge holders
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details.
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Exhibition area and meeting room for hire.
- A well used 'swap a jigsaw' table.
AccessibilityBack To Top
- Automatic door entry
- Four disabled access spaces available in car park to rear of library
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users
- Loop system
- Toilet for disabled users
- Free public car park at rear of Library
- Baby change facilities
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Timperley Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.