Trafford supports a number of local and national campaigns aimed at promoting and encouraging walking. There are a variety of projects and groups in the borough, which include:
- Walk to Work Week - an annual challenge across the UK to get more people walking to work.
- European Mobility Week - an awareness raising campaign to encourage people across Europe to walk, cycle or use public transport.
- Walk to School Week - each May and October this challenge rewards pupils who walk to school.
- STRIDE – Trafford health walks programme - This project offers a variety of free, easy health walks at a variety of locations across the borough.
- Ramblers Trafford - local branch of the nationwide charity whose aims are to promote walking for health, pleasure and an appreciation of the countryside.