Parent Partnership Service
Trafford Parent Partnership Service is for parents/carers:
- Who`s children have been assessed as having special educational needs (SEN).
- Who believe their children may have SEN.
- Who`s children have a disability recognised under the Equality Act.
How can we help?
The Trafford Parent Partnership Service can:
- Explain the statutory assessment process and the Code of Practice for SEN.
- Help you to give your views about your child's SEN.
- Support you at meetings in schools or other settings.
- Help you with any letters or forms.
- Help you understand your child's Statement of SEN.
- Help you pass on your concerns to your child's school or to a member of the Local Authority (LA).
- Put you in touch with staff from other agencies and voluntary organisations who may be able to give advice and information.
- Support you at Mediation meetings (meetings where parents can discuss their child's needs with the LA).
- Explain how you can appeal to the SEN Tribunal (SEND) about decisions the LA have made.
- Give you information about the Equality Act.
- Give you advice when your child starts at school or nursery.
- Give you information about your child moving from infant school (Key Stage 1) to junior school (Key Stage 2) or to a secondary school (Key Stage 3).
If you have any enquiries about your child’s SEN/disability please phone our helpline on: 0161 912 3150. The helpline is open Monday-Friday between 9am -1pm, term-time only. If calling outside these hours, please leave a message on the answerphone and someone will call you back.