Communications Events Team Service Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for:
Individuals and organisations applying for:
- Filming Permits
- Free and Commercial Events on Council Land
- Free and Commercial Activities on Council Land
- Market Licences
- Street Parties
- Recruitment of volunteers
We collect, or obtain your personal information and that of third parties involved with your event for the following purpose(s):
- Collecting, storing and managing images and videos of people for use in marketing and communications materials.
- Managing, responding and recording enquiries from businesses, media and the public in general
- Procuring services at the best price using a database of registered and approved suppliers
- Sending details to you about exciting events and activities taking place
- In partnership with third party operators, promote and manage ticket sales for events and activities that the council undertakes and manage information to ensure the safe delivery of events and services.
- Conduct consultation using data to target research at specific customer groups and profile results by categories of users.
- Distribution of any offline marketing and communications materials to organisations and businesses to promote Trafford Council and their partner’s service
- Recruitment of staff and volunteers
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth.
- Contact details of third party suppliers to you
- Evidence of public liability insurance relating to your event and activities at that event
- Evidence of appropriate qualifications for people and equipment relating to health and safety
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- Performing of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Where we process any “Special category” data we rely on UK GDPR Article 9(2)(g) – in that there is a substantial public interest
If statutory or contractual, consequences if information is not provided
If you fail to provide certain information by the required deadlines for events for into which we enter a formal contract, or for activities which are formally licenses by us, we may refuse to progress your application or rescind a licence which has been issued.
We may share personal information about you, and your third party suppliers with the following types of organisations:
- Other Council Departments
- The Council’s Service Delivery Partner Amey
- Greater Manchester Police
- PPL & PRS Licensing organisations
- Other external partner organisations
The stakeholders we consult will vary depending on the nature of the application
For this service:
- All the decisions we make about your application involve human intervention
Our Corporate Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information. For further information on how long we retain your data in accordance with retention guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- raising a concern with us, or
- contacting our DPO, or
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner the contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Monday 7 March 2022 10:57