Customer Services privacy notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s Primary Privacy Notice
This notice provides additional privacy information for the Council's Customer Services team.
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- Redirect you to the appropriate officer
- Deal with your challenges, queries and formal complaints
- Processing of any payments e.g. council tax
- To process any Blue Badge application
- To ensure our staff are trained and competent in their duties
- For the protection of the public in the event of any complaint or dispute
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Basic details you communicate with us in order to deliver a service to you, this may include name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Contact we have had with you, such as any correspondence and formal complaints.
- Photographs and CCTV footage within the premises for the purposes of public and staff safety and crime prevention and detection.
- Your credit/debit card details if you have paid for a service by card, however this solely used for processing and not retained
- Recordings of telephone discussions you have had with the Customer Contact centre.
- Details of any health conditions for the purpose of processing Blue Badge applications
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- You, or your legal representative, have given consent
- Performing or exercising obligations under law
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Where we process any “Special category” data we rely on Article 9(2)(a) – in that you have provided us with your explicit consent.
Consequences if information is not provided
If you do not provide certain information when requested we may not be able to perform the service requested by you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Metropolitan Police
- Teams within the Council in order to provide our services
There may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as when we are required to do so by law for reasons of public safety, where someone is at risk of harm or in emergency situations. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention and are not automated.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as the law specifies or where the law does not specify this, for the length of time determined by our business requirements.
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner is accessible in our guide on exercising your rights, found on the Council’s data protection internet page
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner the contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Tuesday 21 April 2020 15:36