Information Governance privacy notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council's Primary Privacy Notice
This notice provides additional privacy information for
- People accessing the Information Governance Service
- Partners working with Trafford Council
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- The processing of Freedom of Information requests
- Responding to subject access requests (SAR’s)
- Responding to requests for information covered by the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR’s)
- Dealing with all Data Protection matters including any alleged data breaches
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Date of Birth
- Email Details
- Contact telephone number
We will also process “Special Category” data as defined in Article 9 of the General Data Processing Regulation.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR) 2016
- Data Protection Act 2018
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the services you have requested or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- The Information Commissioner
- Other internal council departments
- Local health providers
- Other Local Councils
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention and are not automated.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as the law specifies or where the law does not specify this, for the length of time determined by our business requirements.
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner is accessible in our guide on exercising your rights, found on the Council’s data protection internet page
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner the contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Tuesday 21 April 2020 15:29