Libraries Service Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice
This notice provides additional privacy information:
- In relation to Trafford Library Services
- For the types of personal information we need to process, including information the law describes as ‘special’ because of its sensitivity
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- In order to deliver and develop the services we provide to you
- To deliver lending services
- To deliver information and enquiry services
- To provide facilities to you, e.g. computing
- To inform you about upcoming events and activities where you have consented for us to do so
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number, email address. • Date of birth
- Loan transactions
- Charges incurred
- Reservations and requests
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- You have given your consent
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Performing or exercising obligations under law e.g. the Libraries and Museums Act 1964
Consequences if information is not provided
If you do not provide certain information when requested we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Library system suppliers (where they might host, support and maintain our systems, and/or process your data on our behalf)
- We share information with the Police (and other investigation agencies) if a request for disclosure is made
There may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as when we are required to do so by law for reasons of public safety, where someone is at risk of harm or in emergency situations. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention and are not automated.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as the law specifies or where the law does not specify this, for the length of time determined by our business requirements.
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner is accessible in our guide on exercising your rights, found on the Council’s data protection internet page
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner the contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer to the version published on our website for the most up to date details.
This page was last modified: Tuesday 14 April 2020 13:06