Pest Control Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information:
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
To enable you to:
- submit, update, cancel and reopen requests for services online, via the phone/email and face-to-face e.g. to
- report problems
- request pest control treatment or advice
- make payments
- receive confirmation/updates about your requests
To enable the Council to:
- deliver the service you have requested
- provide you with updates
- investigate complaints you have submitted
- undertake inspections/investigations
- meet its corporate reporting requirements
- design and commission services based on evidence of need and demand
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
Your personal data:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Customer ID
- Request ID
- Additional data you have submitted on your request
- Financial information
Special category data
- Health information – where this is provided voluntarily to tailor the service provided to meet individual needs
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information will depend upon the type of service provided, but may include:
- processing based on consent
- necessary for the performance of a contract
- necessary to carry out a public task
There may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as when we are required to do so by law for reasons of public safety, where someone is at risk of harm or in emergency situations. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
Where special category information is being processed the Council relies on Article 9(2)(a) – you have provided your explicit consent for the processing of your personal data.
Consequences if information is not provided
If you do not provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (e.g. providing treatment for rodents, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (e.g. complaints referred to the Local Government Ombudsman).
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Local Government Ombudsman – investigation of ombudsman complaints
- Information Commissioner’s Office – investigation of information rights complaints, and compliance with the regulator
- Your representatives – where you have instructed a representative to submit a service request on your behalf e.g. local councillor, MP, friend/family member
- With legal teams during legal proceedings
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our Corporate Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information. For further information on how long we retain your data in accordance with retention guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner is accessible in our guide to exercising your rights.
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Tuesday 26 May 2020 11:36