SENDIASS Independent Support Service for SEND Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for parent carers requiring independent advice and support about special educational needs and disability services and provision.
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purposes:
- To support you in accessing suitable SEND provision
- To signpost you to services that meet the needs of your child or young person
- To enable you to receive communications from us about your request
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following information:
- Your personal identifiers (such as name and contact details)
- Your child’s identifiers (such as name and special educational needs or disability requirements)
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
We will share personal information about you with the following types of organisations only with your consent:
- Education, health and social care services
- Special education needs advisory service and inclusion services
- EHC team
- Educational establishments
The only exception would be where a failure to share your personal information would lead to a risk of significant harm to you or others.
Data transfers beyond EEA
This is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
For this service, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our retention schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Please see Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice for information about:
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Thursday 28 May 2020 09:37