Trafford Parent and Young People's Partnership Service (PYPPS) Independent Support Service for SEND Privacy Notice
Who are we?
Trafford Parent and Young People’s Partnership (PYPPS) is the Independent Advice and Support for SEND in Trafford. We offer information, advice and support to families of children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities for families who live in the Trafford Local Authority area.
Some reasons for data collection and obtaining personal information about you would be:
- To maintain up-to-date contact information for children and families so that we are able to communicate with you about your child;
- To audit the numbers of children and young people we support/advise with particular types of need and at which settings;
- To manage and check the quality of our services;
- To help investigate any concerns or complaints you have about our services and for answering enquiries under access legislation.
As well as information collected directly from you, after we obtain your consent to do so, we may also request and receive information from other agencies such as:
- Names, telephone and email contacts for parents/carers of children and young people referred to the service;
- Names, dates of birth, addresses, current or previous school, college or Early Years settings of children and young people referred to the service;
- Another service from whom your child or young person receives support e.g. Speech and Language Therapy Service, Healthy Young Minds or Trafford Early Development Service (TEDS).
What are we going to do with your information?
Trafford PYPPS takes your privacy seriously. We will only use your personal information to provide an appropriate service for you, or to create anonymised data for general reporting and statistical purposes. We will ask for your consent to store your personal information (securely, under data protection legislation) and you will be asked to give your consent in writing. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can ask us to delete your personal information at any time.
We have an independent online database and no other service or agency within the Council is able to access the information. The only other time it will be necessary to share your personal information would be with the service who host and maintain the database on our behalf.
All additional reports or information we receive about you or your child are scanned and loaded onto our database. Any paper copies are then securely shredded. All files sent and received electronically via email are password-protected.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
No. Unless we have your permission to do so, we won’t share your personal information with any organisations or individuals outside of PYPPS. The only exception would be where a failure to share your personal information would lead to a risk of significant harm to you or others.
Can you see the information we hold about you?
Yes, you can ask to see the personal information that PYPPS holds about you, and can choose to receive that personal information in paper or electronic form. You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you, and you can also choose to reuse your personal information for your own use, e.g. give it to another organisation.
What about the website?
Trafford PYPPS operates a website: www.traffordpypps.co.uk
How can you get in touch with us?
If you would like to know more how we look after your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, you can contact us in the following ways:
T: 0161 912 3150
M: Trafford PYPPS, Fourth Floor, Waterside, Sale, M33 7ZF
This page was last modified on 11/07/2018 14:33:00