Early Years SEND Funding Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council's primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for parents whose early years provider has applied for funding so they can provide support to meet the special educational needs and disabilities of their child. Early years providers include the following types of provision in Trafford:
- School nursery class
- Private day nursery
- Preschool playgroup
- Out of school club
- Ofsted registered childminder
- Nursery unit of an independent school
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purposes:
- To review the special educational needs and disabilities of your child so that we can make a decision about whether we need to allocate additional funding for your early years provider so they can meet your child’s needs.
- To monitor the numbers of children with special educational needs and disabilities so we can plan ahead and make sure we have enough suitable education places available in the future. Your child’s information may be anonymised for this purpose unless this would frustrate the purpose of the research.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following information:
- Parent personal identifiers and contacts (such as name and contact details)
- Child personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, date of birth and address)
- Child characteristics (such as gender and ethnicity)
- Child special education needs and disability (including needs, how they can best be supported in early years provision and related benefits they may receive)
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
If you fail to provide certain information when requested or choose to withdraw your consent, we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations under the Children and Families Act 2014 to provide support for your child to access education.
We may share personal information about you and your child with the following types of organisations:
- Your Ofsted registered early education provider so they can provide your place and support your child’s needs.
- Other services which are part of our integrated service for children and families which aims to make sure your child has the best start in life. This includes health visiting, early years, early help and special educational needs services. Representatives from these services sit on the Early Years SEND Panel which reviews your child’s information and makes the decision about the required level of support.
- If there are any safeguarding concerns for your child or your family, we may share your information with the Trafford Multi Agency Referral and Assessment (MARAT) team.
As well as information collected directly from you, we may also obtain or receive information from your early education provider, your healthcare professional and any other agency working with your child.
Data transfers beyond EEA
This is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
For this service, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Please see Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice for information about:
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified on 09/02/2019 21:37:00