Early Years Providers Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for early years providers located in Trafford. This includes:
- School nursery class
- Private day nursery
- Preschool playgroup
- Out of school club
- Ofsted registered childminder
- Nursery unit of an independent school
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purposes:
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following information:
- School or setting identifiers and contacts (such as school or setting name, Ofsted registration number, number of registered places, contact details and address)
- Ofsted Registered Person (RP) personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, contact details and address)
- Early years practitioner personal identifiers (such as name and contact details)
- Early years practitioner characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, qualification level)
- Visit record notes including observations of practice within your provision
- Courses and accreditations completed by practitioners and settings
Legal basis for processing
There are 3 legal bases for processing your personal information is:
- Legal obligation
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations under the Childcare Act 2006, Education Act 2011 and Childcare Act 2016.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Department for Education as we have a statutory duty to provide information about all early years providers delivering free early education places for the annual Early Years Census and School Census. This information is about the setting and not about individual practitioners.
- Family and Childcare Trust who are commissioned by the Department for Education to conduct for annual childcare and holiday childcare cost surveys. This information is anonymised.
- Training providers that we commission to deliver learning and development opportunities.
- E-learning providers, ME - Learning and NDNA to provide with them with information to create your log in to the systems.
- Other services which are part of our integrated service for children and families including midwifery, health visiting, children’s social services, children’s centres and early help services, special educational needs advisory service, Trafford early development service, speech and language service.
- Parents in Trafford who are looking for early education and childcare places, where you have provided explicit consent through the Early Years Provider Agreement or the Trafford Directory.
As well as information collected directly from you, we may also obtain or receive information from Ofsted through a daily electronic feed.
Data transfers beyond EEA
This is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
For this service, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Please see Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice for information about:
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Wednesday 24 July 2019 18:13