Family Information Service Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for parent carers applying for short breaks provision, or requiring childcare brokerage through the Family Information Service and parent carers who have requested to receive our termly Link newsletter.
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purposes:
- To support you in finding a suitable childcare provision to meet the needs of your child.
- To support you to apply for Trafford’s short breaks provision.
- Enable you to receive the Link newsletter
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following information:
- Your personal identifiers such as name and contact details.
- Your child’s identifiers such as name and special educational needs or disability requirements.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Special educational needs advisory service.
- Childcare providers offering early education and childcare where you have provided explicit consent through the Family Information Service brokerage agreement.
- Commissioned short breaks providers offering childcare provision where you have provided explicit consent through the short breaks application form.
Data transfers beyond EEA
This is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
For this service, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our retention schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Please see Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice for information about:
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Friday 3 January 2020 12:23