Trafford Directory Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for registered users who have services and/or activities listed on the Trafford Directory website which is the key information hub for accessing help, support and what’s on in the local area..
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create your account on the Trafford Directory website which enables you to add records for services and/or activities that you operate in and around Trafford.
- To create your records on the Trafford Directory website.
- To monitor log-in and update activity for your records.
- To contact you regarding your records on the Trafford Directory website.
- To analyse data provided by you in your records to monitor aspects of Trafford Directory including geographical coverage of services, childcare sufficiency and place planning, average childcare costs.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following information:
- User name.
- User email address.
- The contact details for your service and/or activity which you provide for your record on the website.
Like most websites we use 'cookies' to collect anonymous statistics about how people use the site, and to help us keep it relevant for the user. Cookies 'remember' bits of information from your visit to the site.
A cookie is a simple text file that's stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. Only that server can retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. So if we put a cookie on your computer, it can't be read by any other website.
We use two types of cookie:
- 'session cookies' last as long as your current visit to the site, or for up to a limited amount of time if you keep the site open without using it. They mean you don't have to keep re-submitting information as you move through the site or carry out transactions.
- 'persistent cookies' remember information from previous visits, for example names and details for online forms. They are used to collect anonymous statistics about how many people use the site, and to maintain any settings (such as accessibility) you have changed.
You can change your computer settings at any time to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies. How you do this depends on your web browser.
Find out more at www.aboutcookies.org
(ii) Other websites
(iii) Rate and review
People who have used activities or services listed on Trafford Directory can leave their thoughts via our Rate and Review system. To leave a review you have to have a registered account. Anybody can leave a review, rating or comment and this can be done anonymously. Registered account details will not be visible on the website. Any fictitious or malicious information will not be published. Reviews are moderated by the Family Information Service (FIS) - any identifying personal details included will be redacted.
a) Provider responses
- A provider has the right to reply to any feedback received and can leave a comment on the website in response.
- Under exceptional circumstances, where there are serious concerns about information received about a service, the FIS will try to contact the person who left a review to see if they would like the provider to respond directly to their comments / concerns.
- We do not share any personal details with the provider and will always obtain consent before passing any personal information along.
b) SEND Local offer feedback report
Under the SEND Code of Practice we are legally obliged to publish any comments we have received about our local offer, especially if they relate to:
- the content of the local offer, including quality of existing services and any gaps
- accessibility of information in the local offer
- how the local offer has been developed or reviewed.
Reviews, ratings and comments are published annually on the website at the Local Offer Feedback report. The information published only contains the content of the review alongside the service or activity name.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
Your information is not shared with other organisations.
Data transfers beyond EEA
This is covered in Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice.
For this service, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Please see Trafford Council’s primary privacy notice for information about:
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified on 09/02/2019 21:38:00