Homelessness Strategy 2019-2024
The new Homelessness Strategy (2019-2024) has been produced to identify the key priorities and the actions required to deliver them by the Council and other key stakeholders over the next five years.
The Strategy identifies measures to deliver the Council’s new Corporate Objectives of “Building Quality, Affordable and Social Housing”, “Health and Wellbeing” and “Targeted Support”. It complements the Trafford Housing Strategy 2018-2023, plays a key role in delivering the priorities set in the emerging GM Housing Strategy and the requirements of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
The vision for the Homelessness Strategy 2019-2024 is:
“Working Together to End Homelessness in Trafford”
The strategic priorities are:
- Prevent homelessness in Trafford.
- Improve access to permanent affordable accommodation and supported homes, primarily through the increased supply of social housing.
- Aim to eradicate the use of B&B and increase the provision of good quality Temporary Accommodation for homeless people in Trafford.
- Work towards ending rough sleeping in Trafford.
- Improve access to employment, education and training for homeless people in Trafford.
- Improve health & wellbeing for homeless people in Trafford.
Download the Homelessness Strategy, Action Plan and Consultation Report
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org