New driver application form
To complete this form, you must have passed the Knowledge test and completed the Induction course.
The required documents are listed below:
- Proof of National Insurance e.g a HMRC headed letter, pay slip, P60 or your NI card
- Proof of address e.g bank statement or utility bill
- Right to Work documentation
- Proof of ability in English (speaking and listening)
- DVLA photo card licence
- DVLA check code
- Statutory declaration
- DBS Certificate - this must be registered on the update service
- Group 2 Medical - dated within 4 months
- If applicable, overseas criminal record check/certificate of good conduct
- Passport style photograph (this can be self taken against a plain background)
For more information on the application process and acceptable ID documents can be found in the Guidance to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Application Process.
Once the officer has reviewed your application and is satisfied that your application meets the councils requirements, you will be contacted and advised how to make payment. Your application will then be determined by the Licensing Officer or Public Protection Sub-Committee.