Additional Restrictions (Discretionary) Grant Scheme
Trafford Council is now inviting applications to the Trafford Additional Restrictions (Discretionary) Grant scheme Round 4.
Round 4 is designed to assist medium sized companies located in the borough which employ 50 – 249 people at their premises in Trafford.
Successful applicants will receive a one-off payment of £25,000.
Applicants who have already received support through Round 3c of the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme will receive a ‘top up’ payment equating the total grant payment under the ARG scheme to £25,000.
New applicants should complete the online application form and provide the supporting information at the time of submission.
Due to a recent increase in applications, please allow 21 days for your application to be processed. Where applicants do not provide all of the supporting evidence required, processing may take longer.
Applications are invited from medium sized businesses based in Trafford and which employ 50 – 249 people at their premises in Trafford.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, businesses must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Were trading on 20 October 2020;
- Have not been eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant (open or closed) at any time in 20/21 and are not eligible for the re-start grants;
- Have business premises in Trafford and employees do not work solely from home (pre COVID-19);
- Have fixed property costs, either:
- Are located in shared or flexible workspace, are not liable for Business Rates and can provide a current minimum 12 month lease with evidence of the last three months’ rent payments evidenced by a business bank statement. Evidence of payment being made for rent in cash will not be accepted.
- Are in premises and are liable for Business Rates. Applicants will need to provide a current minimum 12 month lease with evidence of the last three months’ rent payments evidenced by a bank statement. Evidence of payment being made for rent in cash will not be accepted.
- Have been badly affected by the restrictions;
- Can evidence that they are a medium sized business and employ 50 – 249 people at premises in Trafford.
Applications which meet the criteria and where the appropriate supporting information has been provided will receive a one-off payment of £25,000.
Before you start
The following information is required to support applications to Round 4. Please ensure that you have this information available to upload at the time of application:
- Copy of lease, licence or mortgage agreement for premises dated on or before 20 October 2020. A minimum 12 month lease or rental agreement for premises in Trafford is required.
- Proof of payment of lease, license or mortgage costs for the last three months evidenced by a bank statement. Evidence of cash payments will not be accepted.
- Copy of latest invoices for rent, lease of premises
- Evidence that company is still trading (invoices, receipts)
- Evidence that company is a medium sized business and employs 50 – 249 people at premises located in Trafford
- Copy of latest company accounts
Trafford Council reserves the right to refuse applications which are incomplete or where the appropriate supporting information has not been submitted.
Apply for Additional Restrictions (Discretionary) Grant
You may face prosecution if you have manipulated or falsified your position in order to obtain these payments, including failure to close your business which puts others at risk.
Any payment made as a result of fraud may be subject to claw back, as may any grants paid in error.
The Government is supporting local councils to make the necessary checks to ensure that payments can be verified and have been made correctly.
The Council will be able to withhold payments and/or recall payments from businesses who are not adhering to the local and/or national restrictions that are in place, as this is part of the eligibility requirements.
The United Kingdom left the EU on 31 of January 2020. Under the Withdrawal Agreement, the State Aid rules continue to apply during a transition period, subject to regulation by the EU Commission.
Businesses who receive awards of Government grant funding such as the Additional Restrictions Grant are required to comply with the EU law on State Aid.
Payments made will be provided under the existing De Minimis rules, provided doing so does not exceed the €200,000 threshold.
Payments made where the De Minimis threshold has been reached will be paid under the Covid-19 Temporary Framework for UK Authorities (threshold €800,000).
Trafford Council will use your data for the processing of your Additional Restrictions Grant application.
We may check the information you provide or information about you which somebody else provides, with other details we hold. If the law allows us, we may also receive information from other people or organisations or give information to them to check the accuracy of records, to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways.
All information is processed in accordance with the Council's data protection policy.
In submitting an application to the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme, applicants agree that the information provided can be shared with Government Departments for the purposes of verification.
Applications received that comply with the criteria and where all supporting information is provided at the time of submission, should be approved within 21 days.
Additional Restrictions Grants are subject to tax and will need to be declared by businesses in their tax returns.
Income related benefits
If you are in receipt of tax credits and/or other benefits which are assessed based on income, then it is your duty to notify the relevant agency immediately if you are awarded as grant as this may affect your entitlement.