New Private Hire and/or Hackney Carriage Driver Application Form
To complete this form, you must have attended the Safeguarding Induction Course and have passed your Knowledge Test. Before completing the form, the documents that you will need to have ready to upload are:
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of Address
- Right to Work Documentation
- Proof of Ability in English (Speaking and Listening)
- DVLA Photo Card Licence and Check Code
- Enhanced DBS Certificate Reference Number - DBS Certificate to be sent seperately
- Statutory Declaration
- If applicable, overseas criminal record check/certificate of good conduct
- Passport Style Photo (this can be self taken against a plain background)
Once submitted, your application will be checked by a Licensing Officer, you will then be contacted to supply a copy of your Medical Report and your Enhanced DBS Certificate seperately by email.
For more information on the application process and acceptable ID documents can be found in the Guidance to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Application Process.
You do not need to make payment on submission. Your application will be checked by a Licensing Officer. Once confirmed as valid, you will then be sent an email to make payment. On receipt of licence fee, your application will then be determined by the Licensing Officer or Public Protection Sub-Committee.