New Driver Application Form
To complete this form, you must have passed the Knowledge test and completed the Induction course.
The required documents are listed below:
- Proof of National Insurance e.g a HMRC headed letter, pay slip, P60 or your NI card
- Proof of Address e.g bank statement or utility bill
- Right to Work Documentation
- Proof of Ability in English (Speaking and Listening)
- DVLA Photo Card Licence
- DVLA Check Code
- Enhanced DBS Certificate Reference Number - Certificate will be requested at a later date
- Statutory Declaration
- If applicable, overseas criminal record check/certificate of good conduct
- Passport Style Photograph (this can be self taken against a plain background)
For more information on the application process and acceptable ID documents can be found in the Guidance to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Application Process.
You do not need to make payment on submission as your application needs to be reviewed by the Licensing Officer. You will then be contacted via email to request a copy of your Medical Report and your Enhanced DBS Certificate. Once accepted, you will then be sent an email to make payment. On receipt of licence fee, your application will then be determined by the Licensing Officer or Public Protection Sub-Committee.