Vehicle Owner Transfer

This page relates to vehicle owner transfers.

Documents required

  • Page 1 and 2 of your V5C log book. If you do not have a full log book - the Licensing Officer will accept the new keeper slip but will accept the green slip.
  • Bill of Sale
  • Insurance Certificate
  • Insurance Schedule (applies to fleet owners only)


  • The fee is £27.00
  • You will be sent a payment receipt reference, you need this reference to enter on the web form. 


  • Select licensing from the "all categories" drop down menu.
  • Click apply.
  • Select either Private Hire Owner Licence or a Hackney Carriage Owner Transfer.
  • Make your payment.

Issuing of licence

  • Once the application has been processed you will recieve your new paper licence via email. A new plate is not issued.

Apply now

  • First, as part of your application you need to make payment of £15.00 using the Civica Pay function. This form will ask for the receipt reference number, you should ensure you have this and all relevant documents to hand before completing this form. The Licensing Officer will check your application and once processed will then send your new paper licence via email. All applicants must own the vehicle and are required to upload images of the following documents: Valid insurance, insurance schedule (for fleet owners), bill of sale (a letter must be provided from the previous owner giving their name, address, all vehicle details, the new owner details, new owner address and it must be signed and dated by both parties), full log book or Green Slip.
  • Name
  • Address