How to order a copy certificate
If you would like to apply for a copy certificate for a birth, death or marriage which took place in Trafford, you can apply online.
Please note we can only issue certificates for events that took place in Trafford.
Wythenshawe Hospital falls under the Manchester District.
If you wish to apply for a copy certificate you can apply online. Alternatively you can call into our office Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm and make your application for a copy certificate in person.
Payment must be received in full before your application will be processed. You will be redirected to our payments page when you have completed the form.
- Statutory fee £11.00* - certificate issued within 15 working days of receipt of application.
- Priority fee £35.00* - certificate issued within 1 working day of receipt of application.
*For the certificate to be posted the above fee includes 1st class Royal Mail postage within the UK and Economy Airmail outside the UK
If you would like to upgrade your postal service please see the options below:
The postage options are:
- £2 for Royal Mail signed for
- £7 for Royal Mail special delivery signed for before 1pm the next working day
- £8.85 for international Tracked and Signed
- £6.35 for International Signed
If applying by post please make cheques payable to Trafford Council with a stamped addressed envelope enclosed.
Searching for records outside of Trafford
If you wish to extend your search to other areas of Cheshire, Lancashire or further a field, please use one of the following links: