Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)
Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) is for those applying for British citizenship online and will be available from 30 January 2018. This service only covers applications via Naturalisation (AN) and Registration of Minors (MN1) submitted online.
NDRS allows you to keep hold of your original passport and other supporting documents while your application is processed by the Home Office. You can also apply for your first UK passport at the same time via Joint Citizenship and Passport Checking (JCAP).
NDRS is not an advice service and our staff aren't able to provide you with any advice on your application. The decision to approve your application rests entirely with the Home Office. It's your responsibility to ensure the application is correct. The Home Office may contact you if they require further information.
If you decide that the NDRS Trafford service will benefit you please see the list of the requirements you will need to provide us with:
Once you have completed your online citizenship application, you must print your document checklist and referee page.
You can call 0161 912 3026 to book an appointment. It is important that the Home Office receive your application within 10 working days of your online submission.
Our address is: Trafford Register Office, Sale Town Hall, Sale Waterside, Sale, M33 7ZF
For your NDRS appointment, you MUST bring your:
- Original passport
- Printed document checklist including your unique Payment Notification Number (PNN)
- Printed referee page
- 1 UK passport standard photograph of yourself
- Original Life in the UK test certificate
- Other original supporting documents as required
- Fee for service
If you are also applying for your UK passport via JCAP you MUST also bring:
- A completed passport application form available from the Post Office or Her Majesty’s Passport Office
- 2 additional UK passport standard photographs of yourself, identical to the one used for NDRS
Your passport application MUST be in exactly the same name as your citizenship application and your existing passport.
Fees structure per application is as follows
- Basic fee including 30 A4 photocopies £32
- Additional fee for every 10 copies above the 30 included in the base fee £2.20
- JCAP fee if applicable £10
- Royal Mail Special Delivery based on weight
All fees do not include VAT and VAT should be applied to the total cost per application.