Help and support for foster carers
In return for your commitment, you will receive:
- Help and support is provided by Trafford's Fostering Service throughout the process.
- Once you are approved as a Trafford Foster Carer you will be allocated to a Supervising Social Worker who will visit you on a regular basis to provide support, advice and supervision.
- Trafford run a foster carer support group which meets every month and Trafford Foster Carers Association is available to offer advice and support. Foster carers earn a weekly age related allowance for the children they look after.
- As a newly approved Trafford Foster Carer you will be allocated an experienced foster carer as your mentor for the first two years. They will be a valuable source of support and advice.
- FosterTalk membership provides high quality, professional, independent support to foster care households.
- Skills payment.
- Access to the specialist mental health team.
- Invitations to events held throughout the year.
What to do next?
If you are interested in finding out more about the adventure of fostering and think you can help us make a difference, please request an information pack or contact Trafford's Fostering Service email@example.com or call us on 0161 912 3558. You can also come along to one of our Fostering Information Events where you can chat to our friendly team and ask any questions you may have about the different fostering schemes in Trafford.