October half term free school meal voucher
Families who usually receive a means tested free school meal from their school or college were able to claim one £15 Tesco voucher per child for October half term.
The deadline for receiving applications for this scheme was Sunday 8 November 2020 and no further applications can be submitted.
If you are waiting to hear about your application, please contact Trafford Family Information Service on 0161 912 1053 or email@example.com and they will be able to help.
This scheme is for children who attend a Trafford school or college, regardless of where they live. If you attend school or college in a different area, please check with the council where your school or college is located to see if they have a scheme.
Free school meals are available for eligible children from reception year upwards. You qualify if you or your young person get any of the following:
- income support
- income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of pension credit
- child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- working tax credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- universal credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children in reception, year one and year two who get free school meals as part of the universal scheme do not qualify for a voucher for October half term.