Block Gully / Overflowing Grid

In an emergency, please call us on 0333 003 5865. Our Contact Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm.

Outside of these times please call 0161 912 2020.

Public Sewers

If the flooding is due to a blockage within the public sewers you should contact United Utilities on 0845 602 0406.

Private drainage system

Flooding to private property as a result of a blockage or defect within a private drainage system or failed land drainage system is usually the responsibility of the householder or land owner.

Preparing for floods

To help residents in the event of a flood, the Environment Agency have produced a Flooding advice for householders guide.

A to Z of Council Services