School Educational Program
Welcome to the homepage of the School Educational Program offered by the Community Safety Team.
Primary school and young learners
The packages we have on offer for primary school and younger learners are more interactive and focus more on having fun whilst learning.
High school / adult learners
The packages we have on offer for high school and adult learners are similar to those we have on offer for our primary school and younger learners, however, there is a much stronger focus on legislation and consequences
Booking a package
If you would like to book any of the packages we have on offer, please complete our booking form and indicate the package(s) of your choice.
Once we have recieved this, a member of our team will be in touch.
* Schools will be limited to three (3) free package bookings per academic year. Additional bookings may incur a fee.
Anti-social BehaviourBack to top
The Anti-social Behaviour package is designed to give learners a broad understanding of what constitutes anti-social behaviour, the way in which unintended consequences of our behaviour can have an impact on our communities, what the law says about anti-socials behaviour and the ways the local authority tackle anit-social behaviour under the ASB, Crime and Policing Act 2014 such as:
- Early intervention techniques (EITs)
- Civil injunctions
- Criminal behaviour orders
- Community protection notices
- Public space protection orders
- Closure orders
Internet Safety and CyberbullyingBack to top
The Internet Safety and Cyberbullying package is designed to educate learners on safe Internet practices, including social media apps. This also gives information on cyberbullying awareness and the affects it can have on victims.
Some of the key area we discuss are:
- Sharing personal information
- Securing or "locking down" a profile
- What to look out for when accepting friend requests
- Common ways in which people may attempt to social engineer private information
- CSE and the ways to safeguard
- Methods and classifications of cyberbullying
- The impact of cyberbullying
- How to prevent and report cyberbullying
- Types of social media apps
Hate CrimeBack to top
The Hate Crime package is designed to give learners a broader understanding of hate crime and its significance in society.
Some of topics we discuss as part of this package include:
- What hate crime is
- How hate crime is regarded in law
- Protected characteristics
- Prejudice vs discrimination
- Common examples of hate crime
- High profile cases
- The penalties for hate crime
- How and where to report hate crime
- Advice, guidance and support against hate crime
Personal Safety AwarenessBack to top
The Personal Safety Awareness package is ideal for learners heading to college and university or young people entering into adulthood or adult culture.
The aim of this package is to provide guidance on a range of issues that relate to keeping yourself safe.
We discuss various issues such as:
- Drug and alcohol intake
- Reducing vulnerability to street crime
- Keeping valuables safe
- Familiarisation with surroundings
- Best practices for safeguarding wellbeing
- How and where to access a variety of information
Learning to be safe near water is an important part of a child's education.
Looking for something different?
If you are looking for a package that is not presently offered, the Community Safety Team are able to draw on the resources of the Safer Trafford Integrated Partnership to tailor make a bespoke package that suits your needs.
Please complete the booking form and tell us exactly what you would like and one of our team will be in touch to discuss in due course.
If you would like to see some of the feedback from our previous customers, you can follow the link to read our testimonials before you book
If you have recieved an education session by the Community Safety Team, we would be grateful if you could kindly complete this evaluation form with your pupils and then scan and return it via: firstname.lastname@example.org