Urmston Active Neighbourhood
Chris Boardman, Greater Manchester’s Cycling and Walking Commissioner, has unveiled a ground-breaking plan to transform our region by changing the way we move. The Bee Network proposal is a vision to make Greater Manchester an easier place for people to get around on foot or by bike. The plan consists of more than 1,800 miles of routes and will be the largest joined-up system of walking and cycling networks in the UK.
In support of this ambition, the Mayor of Greater Manchester has allocated £160 million to the Mayor’s Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund (MCF).
As part of this initiative Trafford Council has been awarded funding from MCF to create Trafford’s first active neighbourhood in Flixton, Davyhulme East, Davyhulme West and Urmston.
Key aims of the project:
- More walking and cycling routes connecting communities
- Fully segregated routes along some of the busiest roads
- New crossings of busy roads or other physical barriers that divide communities
- Prioritising the movement of people over vehicles
- Environmentally friendly community spaces
How can I get involved?
We need your help to develop proposals for the project which will improve Urmston as a place to live, work and visit. The project will draw heavily on knowledge from local people, businesses, schools, community groups and partners.
For more updates on the project subscribe to project’s news page or visit https://urmstonactiveneighbourhoodmap.commonplace.is/
What happens next?
All of the feedback received from the initial consultation will be carefully analysed and considered as part of our final designs.
- End of initial consultation: Wednesday 25 March 2020
- Share initial proposals: Monday 11 May – Friday 5 June 2020
- Consultation comes to an end: Friday 26 June 2020
- Start of design work: Monday 29 June 2020
To discuss any of the above please contact the team @OneTrafford or by email at email@example.com
You can also write in to us at Urmston Active Neighbourhood, Tatton House, 11 Caldey Road, Manchester, M23 9LF