Markets in Trafford
If you want to hold a market in Trafford you need a Market Rights Licence from us. A market is defined as a “concourse of buyers and sellers” with five or more trading spaces (e.g. stalls, stands, vehicles or pitches). This can also include:
- Car boot sales; table-top sales; traditional and specialist markets and fairs; exhibition type markets and fairs.
You will still require a market licence if:
- You have already received other permissions such as a Temporary Event Notice (TENs) or Restricted Premises Licence, planning consent, or agreement to use the premises;
- The market is to be held on private land either indoors or outdoors;
- The proceeds are solely or principally for the benefit of charitable, social, sporting or political purposes;
- The market is part of a wider event.
If you wish to apply for a licence please download and complete the relevent application form.
Market licence application
Commercial car boot sale licence application
Community/charitable car boot and/or table top sale licence application
We’ll look at your application alongside existing scheduled events and planned maintenance work and our Markets Policy. We will want to understand any impact on neighbours and how this is being mitigated. We’ll also make sure your proposals respect our values and the locations to be used.
You can contact the Events Team with any questions on 0161 912 4502.