Adults and older people
Trafford Council Adult Social Care helps people who live in Trafford and are aged over 18. We support:
- People with mental health issues
- People who have a physical disability
- People who have a health condition
- Older people
- People with a learning disability
- People who care for someone
If you are finding it difficult to manage at home, or are caring for someone and need some support, then contact Trafford Adult Social Services. We will work with local health providers, voluntary organisations and/or private companies to help you get the support you need.
Adult social care on the Trafford Directory
- Before arranging any care we will need to carry out a needs assessment. There is no charge for this assessment. You can find out more about Adult Social Care assessments on the Trafford Directory.
- If we assess you as having care needs you may be charged for the support you receive. Find out more about financial assessments.
- If you are are concerned about an adult who may be at risk, you can find more information about how to report concerns about an adult on the Trafford Directory.
If you feel you need support in your home you may want to get help from a home care agency.
A home care agency can arrange for someone to come to your home. They may help you with:
- Personal care, such as washing or dressing.
- Housekeeping, such as laundry and cleaning.
- Cooking or preparing meals.
- Nursing and health care.
You can find out more about home care on the Trafford Directory.
Equipment and home adaptations
If you have problems bathing, washing or moving around your home, there is a range of specially designed equipment to help make looking after yourself simpler and help you to stay living independently in your own home.
This could be a bath board and grab handles around the bath area to help you get in and of the bath safely. Or you may need a raised toilet seat to help you get on and off the toilet safely.