The Matchmaker Scheme process
If you own an empty property in Trafford and are considering selling it or, if you are looking to buy a property in Trafford, then this scheme is for you.
Types of properties that qualify for the scheme:
- Properties empty for six months or more.
Benefits for seller and buyer
- Free service for both seller and buyer. No fee
- Bypasses estate agent, saves on costs
- Potential reductions in property price if there is disrepair
- Reduces outlay for sellers as no need to renovate before selling
- Simple process for both seller and buyer
- Properties for sale viewed on a secure Council webpage
- Choice to pursue offers or not.
Process for sellers
- Landlord completes an application form / consent online or applies via email / post.
- Consent form with signature is received
- Details of property and JPEG photos of property are received
- Brief details are uploaded onto Council webpage
- Secure password to Council webpage is emailed to seller
- Buyer contacts owner
- The sale process takes place between the seller and buyer
- Landlord notifies us when property is sold.
Process for buyers
- Buyer completes an application form online or applies via email / post.
- Application form is received
- Evidence that they have necessary finance to purchase property is received
- Buyer contacts seller to view
- The sale process takes place between the seller and buyer.
For more information, please contact the Empty Property Team on 0161 912 1377 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that buyers and sellers can come off the list at any time should they wish.