Citizen's Advice in Trafford
The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their problems including legal, money, employment, housing and immigration by providing information and advice.
Aims and principles
The Citizens Advice service aims:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
The service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. The following four principles are core to all that they do:
- Independent - we will always act in the interests of our clients', without influence from any outside bodies.
- Impartial - we don't judge our client's or make assumptions about them. Our service is open to everyone and we treat everyone equally.
- Confidential - we won't pass on anything a client tells us - or even the fact that they have visited us - without their permission.
- Free - no-one has to pay for any part of the service we provide.