Help staying in your current home
Preventing homelessness plays a major part in the work of HOST. We can give you advice or take action to help you to keep your home. We can also give you advice and guidance in finding alternative housing if you do have to move so that this can be done in a planned way.
HOST can assist with:
- Referrals to a domestic abuse outreach worker.
- A scheme to help with deposits to enable access to the privately rented sector.
- Helpand advice negotiating with private sector landlords.
- Referralsto private landlord tenant finder scheme.
- Referrals to debt and other support services.
- Help and advice if you are having problems paying your mortgage and face repossession
HOST can provide specialist advice for:
- persons released from prison or youth detention accommodation.
- care leavers.
- former members of the regular armed forces.
- victims of domestic abuse.
- persons leaving hospital.
- persons suffering from a mental illness or impairment.
- any other group that the authority identify as being at particular risk of homelessness.
Please contact Housing Options Service Trafford for more information.