Jobs in Children's Social Care at Trafford
Can you help us to shape the future of Children's Social Care in Trafford? We’re committed to providing all our children and families with high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals, to support them to reach their full potential.
We know that to improve outcomes for children and families we need great people, so we focus on providing the best conditions to thrive.
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Trafford, focused on embedding Restorative Practice throughout the service. We value individuality, promote diversity and are passionate about working with our communities to build a better future for everyone.
What our children and young people think, feel and say matters to us. Find out more about how we listen to our young people to make improvements at our My Voice website.
Service Manager - Safeguarding & Review
We are seeking a Service Manager for Safeguarding and Review to lead our independent reviewing officers and conference chairs, designated officer and children’s rights. Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to frontline social work teams, you and your team will model outstanding social work practice and lead a service that champions the highest quality help, support and care for our children that need it.
If you have any questions about the role, vacancies or process please get in contact with: Julie Penny, Strategic Lead for Quality Assurance and Practice Improvement 07540 059791.
Experienced Social Workers (2 years post-qualified)
We’re seeking dedicated and experienced (2 years post qualified) Social Workers to join us. We value our Social Workers, paying for things you need like DBS checks and your annual Social Work Registration.
We offer a comprehensive continuous package of development and opportunities to progress, including:
- An annual conference for all of our Social Workers and trainees giving them a chance to step away from the day job to network, learn and share their experiences.
- Access to learning, training and development opportunities through Research In Practice, paid for by Trafford
- A robust supervision programme with 6 monthly EPIC personal development plans to support learning and development and an EPIC Leaders programme for people keen to progress
- Opportunities to train as a Practice Educator, supporting students while developing your coaching skills.
We focus on a work life balance, with a commitment to low caseloads, small teams and a range of benefits to support health and wellbeing such as:
- Flexible working, supported by excellent IT
- Salary sacrifice schemes for things like car leasing, home technology, cycle to work, extra holidays, healthcare, gym membership and perks at work
- Employee Assistance programme which includes 24/7 counselling
If you have any questions about the role, vacancies or process please get in contact with:
Lisa Gordon, Strategic Lead, 0161 912 5097
or Jen Houghton, Strategic Lead, 07967 384785
Trafford Council could be for you - We're EPIC!
Working for Trafford
To find out more about the roles and to apply, visit the Greater.Jobs website