Jobs in Children's Social Care at Trafford
Here at Trafford Council we are ambitious for our children and our workforce.
We are committed to improving services for the families we support and achieving great outcomes for children and now we are inviting you to help shape the future of Children’s Social Care in Trafford.
We want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential.
We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
Opportunities for Social Workers
We’re seeking dedicated Social Workers to share our strong vision for social work practice and join us in developing a new approach to social work by embedding restorative and relational practice throughout the service. There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. You will be developed into an excellent practitioner through a comprehensive Continuous package of development.
What our children and young people think, feel and say matters to us. Find out more about how we listen to our young people to make improvements at our My Voice website.
Our commitment to you:
We offer a competitive and attractive salary with incremental progression. We also offer these additional benefits:
- Payment of your Social Work England Registration fees
- 25 days annual leave, eventually rising to 30, (8 Bank Holidays) with the option of purchasing up to 10 more days leave
- Local Government pension scheme
- A relocation package available (up to 4k)
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with access to excellent IT
- Salary sacrifice schemes (car leasing, subsidised car parking scheme, home technology, cycle to work, extra holidays, healthcare scheme, gym membership, perks at work discounts)
- Employee Assistance Programme which includes 24/7 counselling
- A robust supervision programme with 6 monthly EPIC personal development plans to support learning and development
- Access to learning, training and development opportunities through Research In Practice, paid for by Trafford
- Opportunities to train as a Practice Educator, supporting students while developing your coaching skills.
We focus on a work life balance, with a commitment to low caseloads, small teams and a range of benefits to support health and wellbeing such as:
- Flexible working, supported by excellent IT
- Salary sacrifice schemes for things like car leasing, home technology, cycle to work, extra holidays, healthcare, gym membership and perks at work
- Employee Assistance programme which includes 24/7 counselling
If you have any questions about the role, vacancies or process please get in contact with:
Lisa Gordon, Strategic Lead, 0161 912 5097
or Jen Houghton, Strategic Lead, 07967 384785
Trafford Council could be for you - We're EPIC!
Working for Trafford
To find out more about the roles and to apply, visit the Greater.Jobs website