How to join the library
There are two ways you can join the library:
- Fill in our online membership form. You will be given a temporary borrower number but you must call in at any Trafford Library to complete the registration process. You will be given a borrower card and PIN so that you can use all our services.
- Call in at any Trafford Library - please bring proof of address with you.
What happens next?
- You will be given a library card that can be used in any Trafford library.
- You will also be given a PIN. You will be able to log in to your borrower account from our online catalogue using your borrower number (without the TRP) and PIN.
What can I borrow on my card?
Children and adults may borrow as many items as they want with a maximum of 4 audio items.
Our self-service machines make it quick and easy to borrow or return items and there shouldn't be much of a wait. When returning items please make sure that all books are registered on the self-service machine and that you take your receipt. If you are unsure how to use the machines or if there is a problem, please speak to a member of staff.
How long can I have items from the library? Is there a charge?
There is no charge for borrowing. Items are loaned for 3 weeks and can be renewed up to 8 times.
How do I return my books?
Books can be returned to any library, You do not have to take them back to the library you borrowed them from.
How do I renew an item?
Items can be renewed online, at any library or by phoning 912 3189. If another customer is waiting for the item you have it won't be posiible to renew and you will be asked to return it.
What happens if I lose or damage an item?
Please do not worry if this happens, just let us know. You may be asked to pay a replacement charge which will be the recommended retail price of the item.
What happens if I don't return items on time?
Don't worry, just renew or return items as soon as possible.
If you have given us your email address we will remind you about the books you have. If we don't have an email address for you we will write to you.
The main reason it is important that items are returned is so that other people can use them.
What happens if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Just let us know as soon as possible and we will give you a new one. Please remember you are responsible for your library card and for any items borrowed on it; please don't lend it to anyone else. If you change address please let any library know as soon as possible.
Can I use my card for anything else?
Yes, you can use your card to -
- Use a computer in a library.
- Access a range of online services including e-Books, e-Audiobooks, e-Magazines and many more.
- Access some libraries 'Out of Hours' using Open+. You will need to ask for your borrower type to be changed to Open+.
What do I need to do if I change address?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us or drop in to any of our local libraries.
What do I need to do if I change my email address?
If you change your email address, please tell us by completing a change of address notification form.
If you wish to comment on our service, or simply wish to make a suggestion that may improve any of the services that we offer, please complete our online comments form. Alternatively, you can fill in a comments card, usually located near the library counter, and post it in the box provided.