Trafford Council is appealing to local businesses for any unwanted supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) it can use.
PPE stock is monitored on a daily basis by the local authority and there currently sufficient supplies are in place for its staff working in health and social care settings.
However there is increasing demand for PPE and the Council is actively looking at ways to increase local stocks to keep up levels of supply and any additional contributions would be gratefully received, with the following items of particular interest:
- Goggles (these can be used goggles that are able to be washed)
- Disposable aprons (in an unopened box/roll)
- Disposable gloves (vinyl, Nitrile or powder free latex, and in an unopened box)
- Hand sanitiser (minimum 60% alcohol)
- Masks (EN14683 IIR fluid resistant surgical mask, FFP2 (N95) or FFP3)
- Visors (Half or full face: need to be curved to go around the face)
The Council would also be keen to hear from businesses interested in manufacturing new items of PPE.
Eleanor Roaf, Trafford Council’s Director of Public Health said:
We have been working with the care provider sector in Trafford since the onset of coronavirus around making sure they have access to the right amount of PPE.
;We are working with our local care providers to ensure they always have the stock they need and are actively looking at ways to increase local stocks. That’s why we are appealing to any businesses who have surplus PPE or any businesses that can change their processes to make it for us.
We would like to thank in advance any organisations that are now able to help us maintain and build our supplies of PPE.”
If your business or organisation is able to assist with either donations or producing new items please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Wednesday 22nd April 2020