Starting Monday 1 March, the collection of green bins will return to a weekly service. As the weekly service settles in, households are limited to the collection of two green bins per household each week. Green bins should be presented for collection on the scheduled bin collection day only.
From Monday 15 March, households can present all of their green bins for collection each week. So, if it's raw, cooked or gone off, recycling all of your unwanted food and your garden waste.
Residents should follow this advice from 1 March:
- Place your scheduled blue, black or grey bins out for collection as normal by 6.30am on your usual collection day – check your bin collection calendar
- Each week, also put out your green bin / green street caddy
- If you have more than one green bin, we will only empty a maximum of two green bins presented for collection per household in the first two weeks. From Monday 15 March, you can present all of your green bins
- Please put all of your food and garden waste in your green bin
- You can continue contact us to report a missed collection of your green, blue, black and grey bins. Please report any missed bins online at www.trafford.gov.uk/report-it within two working days of when they should have been collected. Please leave your bin out and we will empty it as soon as possible
Councillor Stephen Adshead, Executive Member for Environment, Air Quality and Climate Change said:
“Emptying the bins during the coronavirus pandemic continues to be one of our highest priorities. While the staffing situation could change quickly, we have been working hard to keep our operatives safe and are now able to return to a weekly collection service for green bins. Everyone should recycle all of their food and garden waste in the green bin.
“Green bins should be presented each week for collection on the scheduled bin collection day alongside other scheduled bins – grey, black or blue.”
The information is reviewed daily so may change at short notice. Residents should visit the website at www.trafford.gov.uk/greenbin and follow us on social media for updates.
Posted on Monday 22nd February 2021