Trafford Council has pledged its support for this year’s Great British Spring Clean – a huge clean up event which aims to make our communities even more beautiful.
The annual UK campaign, which is organised by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy, is due to launch on Friday, March 25. More than 600,000 people nationwide are expected to take part in the event to clean up streets, parks and beaches.
Trafford Council takes part in the event every year and has put the environment at the very top of its priority list. The Council is planning to carry out a number of litter picks during the GBSC and the list currently stands as:
- 25th - 10am Launch of GBSC at Trafford Town Hall
- 28th - 10am Litter pick Ayres Road Post Office, Old Trafford
- 29th - 10am Brairfield Road shops, Timperley
- 30th - 10am Gorse Hill pub Chester Road, Stretford
- 31st - 10am Ashley Road Bowling Green, Hale
- 1st - 10am Urmston Town Centre, Flixton Road
- 4th - 10am Sale Moor Village, Northenden Road
- 5th - 10am Wood Lane, Partington
- 6th - 10am Firsway playing fields Sale
- 7th - 10:30am Altrincham Town Centre
- 8th - 10am Lostock Circle shops, Barton road, Stretford
The Council also plans to run a competition for all volunteer litter pickers with a golden litter picker available for those who collect most bags of litter.
There will also be pop up litter picks taking place throughout the event and we will try and work with the established litter picking groups to arrange events in their areas through the Let’s Tidy Trafford Together social media page.
Cllr Stephen Adshead, Trafford Council’s Executive Member for Environmental and Regulatory Services, said:
“Trafford Council has always been a huge supporter of the Great British Spring Clean and this year is no exception. We’re encouraging as many community groups and individuals as possible to take part in litter picks in their areas.
We have some of the most beautiful communities in the country in Trafford and the aim is to make them even more beautiful. The Council is serious about protecting the environment and addressing our climate crisis is one of our major priorities.”
For more information on the litter picks and Trafford’s role in the Greater British Spring Clean, please go to the Let’s Tidy Trafford Together Facebook page.
Posted on Wednesday 23rd March 2022