A Trafford Council jobs club scheme launched to help residents find employment is proving to be a success.
The job clubs, launched across the borough in September 2023, support local residents with finding employment, apprenticeships, training and volunteering opportunities.
Seven job clubs have been set up so far and they have supported 111 residents, of which at least 11 have now secured employment.
The clubs provide residents with support in:
- searching and applying for jobs
- accessing job opportunities across Trafford and beyond
- finding and applying for apprenticeships
- CV writing
- preparing for interviews
- job applications and cover letters
- using social media to help find work
- training and education opportunities
- information on digital support
The clubs run on a weekly basis at the following locations and residents can drop in at any time during the allocated time slots:
- Monday 1pm – 3pm: Broomwood Community Centre, Mainwood Road, Timperley WA15 7JF
- Tuesday 10am – 12 noon: Stretford Library, Bennett Street, Stretford M32 8AP
- Tuesday 1pm – 3pm: Urmston Library, 34 Golden Way, Urmston M41 0NA
- Wednesday 10am – 12 noon: Sale West Community Centre, Newbury Avenue, Sale M33 4QH
- Wednesday 1pm – 3pm: Your Housing Group Partington, Gilmour House, 95 Wood Lane, Partington M31 4LW
- Thursday 10am – 12 noon: St Johns Centre, St John's Road, Old Trafford, Stretford M16 7GX
- Thursday 1pm – 3pm: Sale Library, Sale Waterside, Tatton Road, Sale M33 7ZF
Cllr Liz Patel, Trafford Council’s Executive Member for Economy and Regeneration, said: “We are delighted with the work of the job clubs in Trafford – it is a fabulous initiative. The Council is committed to helping as many residents as possible find employment and the clubs are doing just that. We have also made supporting people out of poverty a corporate priority and the clubs also supports this commitment.”
The job clubs could not run without support from our wonderful volunteers, who are giving up their time to support other residents to search and apply for jobs. We currently have several volunteers supporting the job clubs and are always on the lookout for more. If you are interested in becoming a job club volunteer, then get in touch.
For further information on the support available contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977 717239.
Posted on Friday 19th January 2024