Applying to Start Primary School in September 2020
If your child lives in Trafford and was born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016, you can apply for a school place on Trafford’s website.
If your child lives in another Local Authority you can still apply for Trafford schools, but you must apply to the authority where you pay Council Tax (your own home Local Authority).
Applications must be submitted by 15th January 2020.
Click the link "School Admissions Login" and follow the instructions to create an account. Once you have entered your details, you will be emailed a verification code which you must enter before you can make your application.
You can choose your preferred schools from the drop down list, in your order of preference. Trafford’s schools are listed first, in alphabetical order. If you want to apply for schools in other local authorities, scroll down to that authority where its schools are also listed in alphabetical order.
- Choose your favourite school first, your next favourite school second and so on. You can apply for schools in any order but we strongly advise that you include your catchment area school, or schools, in your application. You will be advised about your catchment area school(s) when you enter your child’s home address. These are local schools which give your child priority over others living outside your area. If you are allocated a school outside your catchment area, you must understand that catchment area children will have priority over you in the future and there can be no guarantee that places will be available for any younger children in your family.
- Provide any information about any siblings that will be attending your preferred school(s).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email to confirm that it has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the School Admissions Team.
- You can change your application at any time until the closing date. Applications received or changes made after the closing date will only be considered after all on time applications are processed.
- Finally, make sure that you complete any supplementary forms required by the faith schools and have provided all relevant information regarding your child’s baptism. Supplementary forms are available from the relevant school and must be returned to that school direct, but you must remember to include that school on the Trafford form so that your application can be processed.
You will be able to view the outcome of your application on your online account on: 16th April 2020
An allocation letter will also be sent to your home address with a reply slip for you to return.
This short guidance provides a summary of the application process. Please read the full details in the 2020 Starting Primary School – Information Booklet.