Travel assistance to schools, colleges or social care settings

We provide travel assistance to eligible children, young people and adults who live in Trafford. There are different types of travel assistance to support people getting to school, college or a social care setting. Our aim is to help people achieve maximum independence whilst making the most efficient use of our resources.

We provide travel assistance to the following groups:

Travel assistance to schools and colleges is not classed as a public fund for immigration purposes. This means that if a child is eligible for travel assistance under our policy, it can be accessed regardless of the child or parent's immigration status, including a person who is subject to the no recourse to public funds (NRPF) condition.

Latest updates and communications from the TTCU team.

All age travel assistance policy

For more information on the eligibility criteria and travel options available for the current academic year please see All age travel assistance policy for 2021-22

You can also view the All age travel assistance policy for 2020-21.

Transport for sick children charity

Transport for sick children is a team of volunteers who give up their time and use their own cars to make a difference to sick children and their carers in Greater Manchester. See Transport for sick children leaflet.