Closures and diversions

Occasionally, works on or near the highway may require a road to be either temporarily closed or diverted.

Such closures require a Traffic Regulation Order which is arranged by the Council.

How to apply for a Traffic Regulation Order

To apply you will need to complete a temporary Traffic Regulation Order request.

The person or organisation requesting the Order will need to meet the costs involved with making the Order and any necessary signing.

A minimum of six weeks notice must be given to allow for any legal and consultative process to be carried out.