Keeping Trafford clean is everybody’s responsibility
Littering is unsightly, unhygienic and selfish. We all have a part to play in helping to keep our borough clean and green and every day the Council empties litter bins and responds to cleaning requests to clean up litter.
Some simple things you can do to help are:
- Sign the Be Responsible Pledge to show that you are committed to help keep Trafford clean and tidy. You will receive a free litter picking kit once you have signed the pledge.
- Dispose of your rubbish correctly. Whether its chewing gum, a sandwich wrapper or a plastic drinks carton they can all be put in one of our litter bins.
- If a litter bin is full up, please take your rubbish to another or take it home. We empty our bins regularly but sometimes a bin can get full before we get there.
Did you know?
- Littering costs you money. Putting your litter in a bin makes it easier for us to collect meaning that we can save money on cleaning up rubbish
- Littering is illegal. If you get caught littering you could face a large fine or even a prison sentence.
Show your support for keeping Trafford clean and download one our web banners below for your company’s website or by using the hashtag #BeResponsible.
If you are a community group or business and would like to find out more about how you can help keep Trafford litter free, contact our team email@example.com.