Keeping Trafford clean is everybody’s responsibility
Littering and fly-tipping is unsightly, unhygienic and selfish. We all have a part to play in helping to keep our borough clean and green and every day the Council empties bins, takes rubbish away to recycle and responds to cleaning requests for flytipping and graffiti.
Some simple things you can do to help are:
- Dispose of your rubbish correctly. Whether its chewing gum, a sandwich wrapper or a plastic drinks carton they can all be put in one of our litter bins
- If a litter bin is full up, please take your rubbish to another. We empty our bins once a day but sometimes a bin can get full before we get there
- Report littering or fly tipping online. Reporting a problem this way means we can respond to it quickly
- Use the Council's Bulky Item Collection service to remove large or bulky items.
Did you know?
- Littering costs you money. Putting your litter in a bin makes it easier for us to collect meaning that we can save money on cleaning up rubbish
- Littering is illegal. If you get caught littering or flytipping you could face a large fine or even a prison sentence.
Show your support for keeping Trafford clean by downloading our web banner for your company’s website or by using the hashtag #BeResponsible.
If you are a community group or business and would like to find out more about how you can help keep Trafford litter free, contact our team firstname.lastname@example.org.