Pay for Building Control Services
Before making a payment
IMPORTANT: If you have received an invoice for site inspection fees please use the pay council invoices page.
To pay for the following options: Full Plans; Building Notice; Partnership; Replacement Glazing; Regularisation; Copies (use this option for requesting copies of certificates) continue with the online payments for Building Control.
Use the fee tables to calculate the correct fee for your building work
- If you require confirmation of the fee before submitting payment please contact the Building Control Service
- Read the information about card charges and security
Please read this guide before making an online payment for Building Control Services.
- Choose an option from the drop down list. Options are: Full Plans; Building Notice; Partnership; Replacement Glazing; Regularisation; Copies (use this option for requesting copies of certificates). This should match the type of application you are submitting. Click 'Select' to confirm your choice.
- In the 'Specific Instruction' box enter the address where the work is taking place. It is important you enter the site address so that we can match your payment with your application. Please also include the applicant/client name.
- Enter a reference for your records. If you have an application number you can use this.
- Enter the amount (including VAT where applicable) after checking fee tables or confirming the value with the Building control service
- Select the address of the person making the payment - or fill the address in manually.
- Click 'Add to List'
- If the details shown in the payment review are correct click 'Pay'. If you need to amend the details click 'Modify'.
- Clicking 'Pay' will take you to the payment screen. Enter your card details, check the amount to be paid and the address of the person paying and click 'Submit' to make the payment.
Continue to pay Building Control
Chip and PIN payments
Payment by credit and debit cards can be made at the chip and PIN terminal in Sale Library. You will need to see a customer service advisor at the Access Trafford desks. A receipt will be provided.
Cheque and cash payment
Please make cheques payable to Trafford Council. To help us match the payment to the correct application please write the address where the work is taking place on the back of the cheque.
Cash payments can be taken by the Access Trafford staff at Sale Waterside.
We accept the following cards for online payments:
If you use a credit card or a prepaid bank card to pay for a service, a transaction charge of 0.8% will be payable. This reflects the card suppliers' charges to the Council for accepting credit card payments.
Parking penalties, donations and debit card payments do not incur a transaction charge.
To prevent unauthorised use of your card, we aim to ensure the highest levels of security and peace of mind whilst using your card online. When making a payment, you will be redirected to our payment services provider Civica you may be asked by your card provider to verify your identity using Verified By Visa or Mastercard SecureCode.
If your card provider is a participant in the scheme you will be asked to enter the security details that you agreed with your provider when you registered your card. Don't worry if you haven't registered yet. You'll have the opportunity to register during the payment process.
If your card provider is not a participant in the scheme, your transaction will simply continue as usual.