The Council is today launching its Winter Resilience: Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Grant Scheme 2017/18.
The voluntary, community and social enterprise sector offers a wide range of support to our residents all year round including when they are most vulnerable over the winter months. Whilst we plan each year for the impact of the winter season, health and social care services continue to experience increased pressure at this time. With the aspiration of better supporting residents to stay safe and well during the winter season, we are keen to fund ideas from the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector to trial over the coming months. This grant scheme is looking for innovation and ideas that may include (but not limited to);
- Helping to keep residents well at home and preventing hospital admission.
- Supporting residents to come home from hospital or other health and care settings.
- Ways to identify vulnerable residents and the best routes to offer support.
- Ways to help residents engage in support and activities.
- Encouragement of neighbours and wider communities to consider vulnerable residents.
- How we help residents to be/ or remain physically active in the winter months.
- How we support residents in nursing and residential homes to be.
- Helping residents to attend services such as health appointments, food banks, social occasions.
The idea/activity must be new or bring new capacity to something you can evidence has a positive impact on older residents in the winter months. We would like to hear if there is an evidence base supporting your idea and if not, what the compelling reason is to trial this idea.
Both short and medium term projects are welcome, for example it could be a one off event or a project over several weeks or months, as long as the support can begin, at the latest, from 20th December 2017 and ends by 31st March 2018. For successful projects we will look at how we can build the ideas in to a longer term service offer.
The deadline for submitting applications is 10am on Monday 13th November 2017.
For more information you should read the VCSW Grant Guidelines and to apply download our VCSW Grants Application Form.
Posted on Friday 27th October 2017